Working with my wife, Sue Hampton, our talks and workshops focus on:
- What makes a good book?
- What inspires original, creative work?
- How do authors relate to music and art?
- What’s the difference between poetry and prose?
- Who are the most interesting modern writers?
- What voice and point of view does an author or poet use?
- How does language and character shape plot?
- How do writers make us pay attention?
- Why write?
We use pictures, music, handouts and discussion to offer a varied and multi-sensory approach to fiction and poetry. We stress the ‘feeling’ side of fiction, aiming to engage both readers and writers, while giving insights into language, character and technique.
We have also given several creative presentations at festivals.
Get in touch if you want to know more.